Trusting God enables us to walk towards the incredible future that God has prepared for us. In order to trust God we need to learn about His character and find our identity in Him
In order to trust God we need to know God.
(13) Rend your heart and not your garments. Return to the Lord your God, for he is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and abounding in love, and he relents from sending calamity.
What can we learn about God from this verse?
(16) For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
(17) For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.
What did God do? Why did He do it?
What does this reveal about God’s character?
(10) The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.
Why did Jesus come?
Identity in God
Confidence and trust in God comes from knowing that we are forgiven and already made right with God through our relationship with Jesus.
Read the following scriptures; what do they tell you about your identity in God?
(12) I am writing to you, dear children, because your sins have been forgiven on account of his name.
(5) he predestined us for adoption to sonship through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will—
(17) And a voice from heaven said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.”
Trusting God leads to an assurance of a bright future.
(11) For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord , “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
What future does God have planned for you?
Do you see your future as God does?
What hope do you have for your future?
(26) Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”
What is possible with God if we put our trust in Him?
(5) Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;
(6) in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.
What does God tell you to do? Why?
Ask a Friend
What area do you struggle with when it comes to trusting God?
How can you rely on God more?
What are you hoping for?
Let’s put faith into action and trust God more for our future.
Thank you God that You are always with me and You have an amazing plan for my future. Help me to trust You as I pursue a closer relationship with You. Show me Your ways and prepare me for the future.
“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”