God Became a Man!
Jesus is one of the most famous people who ever lived on earth. But He is not just a man, the amazing things that He did and the perfect life He lived show that He is God. The big question is – why did God come to earth and become a man?
(18) This is how the birth of Jesus the Messiah came about : His mother Mary was pledged to be married to Joseph, but before they came together, she was found to be pregnant through the Holy Spirit.
(19) Because Joseph her husband was faithful to the law, and yet did not want to expose her to public disgrace, he had in mind to divorce her quietly.
(20) But after he had considered this, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream and said, “Joseph son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit.
(21) She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins.”
(22) All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had said through the prophet:
(23) “The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel” (which means “God with us”).
(24) When Joseph woke up, he did what the angel of the Lord had commanded him and took Mary home as his wife.
(25) But he did not consummate their marriage until she gave birth to a son. And he gave him the name Jesus.
What was special about Jesus’ birth?
Matthew 8:1-3 (NIV)
(1) When Jesus came down from the mountainside, large crowds followed him.
(2) A man with leprosy came and knelt before him and said, “Lord, if you are willing, you can make me clean.”
(3) Jesus reached out his hand and touched the man. “I am willing,” he said. “Be clean!” Immediately he was cleansed of his leprosy.
Matthew 8:14-17 (NIV)
(14) When Jesus came into Peter’s house, he saw Peter’s mother-in-law lying in bed with a fever.
(15) He touched her hand and the fever left her, and she got up and began to wait on him.
(16) When evening came, many who were demon-possessed were brought to him, and he drove out the spirits with a word and healed all the sick.
(17) This was to fulfill what was spoken through the prophet Isaiah: “He took up our infirmities and bore our diseases.”
How did Jesus show that He is God?
(66) At daybreak the council of the elders of the people, both the chief priests and the teachers of the law, met together, and Jesus was led before them.
(67) “If you are the Messiah,” they said, “tell us.” Jesus answered, “If I tell you, you will not believe me,
(68) and if I asked you, you would not answer.
(69) But from now on, the Son of Man will be seated at the right hand of the mighty God.”
(70) They all asked, “Are you then the Son of God?” He replied, “You say that I am.”
(71) Then they said, “Why do we need any more testimony? We have heard it from his own lips.”
Who did Jesus say He was?
(2) the gospel he promised beforehand through his prophets in the Holy Scriptures
(3) regarding his Son, who as to his earthly life was a descendant of David,
(4) and who through the Spirit of holiness was appointed the Son of God in power by his resurrection from the dead: Jesus Christ our Lord.
What happened after Jesus died?
(5) In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus:
(6) Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;
(7) rather, he made himself nothing by taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness.
What did Jesus give up to become human?
(14) Since the children have flesh and blood, he too shared in their humanity so that by his death he might break the power of him who holds the power of death—that is, the devil—
(15) and free those who all their lives were held in slavery by their fear of death.
(16) For surely it is not angels he helps, but Abraham’s descendants.
(17) For this reason he had to be made like them, fully human in every way, in order that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in service to God, and that he might make atonement for the sins of the people.
(18) Because he himself suffered when he was tempted, he is able to help those who are being tempted.
In what ways was Jesus like us?
(14) Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has ascended into heaven, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess.
(15) For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet he did not sin.
(16) Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.
How do we know that Jesus can understand our lives? What was different about Him?
Why Did Jesus Become a Man?
(16) For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Why did God send Jesus into the world?
(6) You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly.
(7) Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous person, though for a good person someone might possibly dare to die.
(8) But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
How did God show His love for us?
(21) God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.
How did Jesus make salvation possible for us?
Ask a Friend
- Why do you believe in Jesus?
- How do you know He is real?
- Do you have any other questions about Jesus?
- If Jesus was here now, what would you say to Him?
- What would you ask Him?
- How could Jesus help you with your life?
- Would you like to pray to receive Jesus’ love and forgiveness?
Lord Jesus, I worship You and thank You for coming to earth to save me. Thank You for dying for my sins. Please forgive me and make my life totally new. Now I will live for You – I want to be like You.
“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.”