A Powerful Blessing
Worship is not just singing songs on a Sunday. Worship is powerful, it can bless and change your life. As well as being a celebration of God’s people together, it should also be a way of life for every Christian.
Worship Is About God
Why do we praise and worship God?
(1) Great is the Lord , and most worthy of praise, in the city of our God, his holy mountain.
(1) It is good to praise the Lord and make music to your name, O Most High,
(11) the Lord delights in those who fear him, who put their hope in his unfailing love.
Worship Is a Celebration
There is something special and powerful about worshipping God together
Psalms 34:3 (NIV)
(3) Glorify the Lord with me; let us exalt his name together.
Psalms 102:22 (NIV)
(22) when the peoples and the kingdoms assemble to worship the Lord .
What are some ways that we can celebrate and praise God?
(1) Clap your hands, all you nations; shout to God with cries of joy.
(1) Praise the Lord . Sing to the Lord a new song, his praise in the assembly of his faithful people.
(2) Let Israel rejoice in their Maker; let the people of Zion be glad in their King.
(3) Let them praise his name with dancing and make music to him with timbrel and harp.
(1) Praise the Lord . Praise God in his sanctuary; praise him in his mighty heavens.
(2) Praise him for his acts of power; praise him for his surpassing greatness.
(3) Praise him with the sounding of the trumpet, praise him with the harp and lyre,
(4) praise him with timbrel and dancing, praise him with the strings and pipe,
(5) praise him with the clash of cymbals, praise him with resounding cymbals.
(6) Let everything that has breath praise the Lord . Praise the Lord .
Worship Is a Lifestyle
Read and discuss the following verses.
What does it mean to worship God with your whole life?
(37) Jesus replied: “ ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’
(38) This is the first and greatest commandment.
(1) Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship.
(16) Rejoice always,
(17) pray continually,
(18) give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.
(23) Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks.
Worship Is a Powerful Blessing
Worship is a powerful blessing for our lives! God wants us to enjoy His presence
(11) You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.
In praising God we can have joy and victory even in difficult times
Isaiah 54:1 (NIV)
(1) “Sing, barren woman, you who never bore a child; burst into song, shout for joy, you who were never in labor; because more are the children of the desolate woman than of her who has a husband,” says the Lord .
Isaiah 61:3 (NIV)
(3) and provide for those who grieve in Zion— to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of joy instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the Lord for the display of his splendor.
(25) About midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the other prisoners were listening to them.
(26) Suddenly there was such a violent earthquake that the foundations of the prison were shaken. At once all the prison doors flew open, and everyone’s chains came loose.
(27) The jailer woke up, and when he saw the prison doors open, he drew his sword and was about to kill himself because he thought the prisoners had escaped.
(28) But Paul shouted, “Don’t harm yourself! We are all here!”
(29) The jailer called for lights, rushed in and fell trembling before Paul and Silas.
(30) He then brought them out and asked, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?”
(31) They replied, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved—you and your household.”
How did praising God change the circumstances for Paul and Silas?
Ask a Friend
- Why do you enjoy worship?
- Have you ever had a breakthrough during worship?
- How can worship help your life?
- How can you make worship part of your lifestyle?
- What are some things that you can worship God for now?
Lord God, I praise You! You are so wonderful! You are number one in my life! I thank you that I can enjoy worshipping you anytime. I love You!
“Jesus replied: ” ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’”