Life is all about making great decisions. Great decisions help us reach the destiny that God has
prepared for us. To do this, we have to have a good attitude.
What Is a Good Attitude?
(4) not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others.
(5) In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus:
Who should we be like? What kind of attitude should we have?
Esther 2:7 (NIV)
(7) Mordecai had a cousin named Hadassah, whom he had brought up because she had neither father nor mother. This young woman, who was also known as Esther, had a lovely figure and was beautiful. Mordecai had taken her as his own daughter when her father and mother died.
Esther 4:14 (NIV)
(14) For if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance for the Jews will arise from another place, but you and your father’s family will perish. And who knows but that you have come to your royal position for such a time as this?”
Esther 4:16b (NIV)
(16) “Go, gather together all the Jews who are in Susa, and fast for me. Do not eat or drink for three days, night or day. I and my attendants will fast as you do. When this is done, I will go to the king, even though it is against the law. And if I perish, I perish.”
What kind of background did Esther have?
What decision did Esther have to make?
How could this decision have affected her destiny and the future of her family?
What was Esther willing to risk for what was right?
How did her attitude help her decision making?
Choose Your Attitude
(22) You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires;
(23) to be made new in the attitude of your minds;
(24) and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.
What needs to be new?
How can this be done?
(12) For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.
(13) Nothing in all creation is hidden from God’s sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account.
What can we use to test our attitude?
Ask a Friend
Are you living with a good attitude?
Can you think of a time when you had to make a decision in a difficult situation?
What was your attitude like when you made the decision?
What was the result of that decision?
What can you do today to have a better attitude?
Thank You, Jesus, for helping me with my attitude. Help me to have a great attitude for the future so that I can make great decisions that will lead to a life full of blessing.
To be made new in the attitude of your minds; and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.