Itinuturo sa Bible na meron tayong espiritu, kaluluwa (kaisipan) at katawan.
(23) May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Ayon kay Paul, ang ating katawang lupa ay mahina at madaling matukso, kahit na ang ating pagkatao at kaisipan ay nabago na at isa na tayong bagong nilalang.
(41) “Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.”
Ang maganda nito ay kailangan lang nating hayaan ang Holy Spirit na gabayan tayo at palakasin para mapagtagumpayan natin ang kasalanan.
Pamumuhay sa Holy Spirit
(16) So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh.
(17) For the flesh desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the flesh. They are in conflict with each other, so that you are not to do whatever you want.
(18) But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.
(19) The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery;
(20) idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions
(21) and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.
(22) But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
(23) gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.
Ano ang bunga na makikita sa atin na namumuhay sa kapangyarihan ng Holy Spirit?
(25) Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last, but we do it to get a crown that will last forever.
(26) Therefore I do not run like someone running aimlessly; I do not fight like a boxer beating the air.
(27) No, I strike a blow to my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.
Bakit kailangan natin magkaroon purpose sa ating buhay?
(13) for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose.
Sa paanong paraan kumikilos ang Diyos sa ating buhay?
(12) Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body so that you obey its evil desires.
(13) Do not offer any part of yourself to sin as an instrument of wickedness, but rather offer yourselves to God as those who have been brought from death to life; and offer every part of yourself to him as an instrument of righteousness.
(14) For sin shall no longer be your master, because you are not under the law, but under grace.
(15) What then? Shall we sin because we are not under the law but under grace? By no means!
(16) Don’t you know that when you offer yourselves to someone as obedient slaves, you are slaves of the one you obey—whether you are slaves to sin, which leads to death, or to obedience, which leads to righteousness?
(17) But thanks be to God that, though you used to be slaves to sin, you have come to obey from your heart the pattern of teaching that has now claimed your allegiance.
(18) You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.
Bakit hindi na tayo dapat maging alipin ng kasalanan?
Pamumuhay sa Liwanag
Ano ang epekto ng pamumuhay sa liwanag ng Diyos?
(7) But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.
(9) But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.
(36) Therefore, if your whole body is full of light, and no part of it dark, it will be just as full of light as when a lamp shines its light on you.”
(8) For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light
(9) (for the fruit of the light consists in all goodness, righteousness and truth)
Isuot Ang Armor
(10) Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power.
(11) Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes.
(12) For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.
(13) Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.
Paano nakakatulong ang Armor na binigay ng Diyos?
(14) Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place,
(15) and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace.
(16) In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one.
(17) Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
Anu-ano ang iba’t ibang parts ng armor na binigay ng Diyos?
Ask a Friend
Handa ka ba maging accountable sa isang kaibigan sa iyong pamumuhay sa liwanag ng Diyos?
Sa iyong palagay, sa paanong paraan ka matutulungan ng Banal na Espiritu?
Anu-ano ang mga hakbang na pwede mong gawin para mapagtagumpayan ang kasalanan?
Tinanggap mo na ba si Jesus at ang Banal na Espiritu sa iyong buhay? Kung hindi pa, nais mo ba Siyang tanggapin ngayon sa buhay mo?
Jesus, salamat at sa pamamagitan ng Cross, pinagtagumpayan mo ang kasalanan. Punuin mo ako ng presensya ng Banal na Espiritu bilang paalala ng Iyong kapangyarihan at dakilang biyaya. Nais kong magkaroon ng magandang bunga, maging accountable, at isuot ang iyong Armor ng sa gayon kaya kong lumaban gamit ang iyong kalakasan.
“So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus. And because you belong to Him, the power of the life-giving Spirit has freed you from the power of sin that leads to death.”