(3) When we put bits into the mouths of horses to make them obey us, we can turn the whole animal.
(4) Or take ships as an example. Although they are so large and are driven by strong winds, they are steered by a very small rudder wherever the pilot wants to go.
(5) Likewise, the tongue is a small part of the body, but it makes great boasts. Consider what a great forest is set on fire by a small spark.
Inilalarawan sa bible na ang dila ay isang maliit pero makapangyarihang parte ng ating katawan. Maaari itong makaapekto nang malaki, maganda o hindi, sa ating buhay at sa mga taong nakapaligid sa atin. Kaya makabubuti na matutunan natin kung paano i-control at piliin ang sasabihin natin.
(21) The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit.
Basahin ang mga sumusunod na scriptures at gumawa ng comparison ng mga mabubuti at masasamang salita.
(2) The tongue of the wise adorns knowledge, but the mouth of the fool gushes folly.
(4) The soothing tongue is a tree of life, but a perverse tongue crushes the spirit.
(18) The words of the reckless pierce like swords, but the tongue of the wise brings healing.
(19) Truthful lips endure forever, but a lying tongue lasts only a moment.
(35) A good man brings good things out of the good stored up in him, and an evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in him.
(36) But I tell you that everyone will have to give account on the day of judgment for every empty word they have spoken.
(37) For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned.”
Lumalabas sa ating mga salita kung sino tayo. Ayon sa scripture na ito, ano ang connection ng ating mga salita at ating puso?
(3) Those who guard their lips preserve their lives, but those who speak rashly will come to ruin.
Paano nabe-bless ang mga taong may control sa kanilang dila?
(23) Those who guard their mouths and their tongues keep themselves from calamity.
Paano tayo makakaiwas sa gulo?
(7) All kinds of animals, birds, reptiles and sea creatures are being tamed and have been tamed by mankind,
(8) but no human being can tame the tongue. It is a restless evil, full of deadly poison.
(9) With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse human beings, who have been made in God’s likeness.
(10) Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers and sisters, this should not be.
(11) Can both fresh water and salt water flow from the same spring?
(12) My brothers and sisters, can a fig tree bear olives, or a grapevine bear figs? Neither can a salt spring produce fresh water.
Tama ba na sa isang bibig nanggagaling ang pagpapasalamat at pagsusumpa?
(14) But if you harbor bitter envy and selfish ambition in your hearts, do not boast about it or deny the truth.
(15) Such “wisdom” does not come down from heaven but is earthly, unspiritual, demonic.
(16) For where you have envy and selfish ambition, there you find disorder and every evil practice.
Anong uri ng karunungan ang sinasabi dito? Ano ang tatlong pinagmumulan ng inggit at pagkamakasarili.
(17) But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere.
(18) Peacemakers who sow in peace reap a harvest of righteousness.
Anong klaseng karunungan ang kailangan natin? Ilarawan ito.
Mga Salitang Nagdadala ng Biyaya
Ipaliwanag kung paano nagdadala ng biyaya ang ating mga salita.
(1) My heart is stirred by a noble theme as I recite my verses for the king; my tongue is the pen of a skillful writer.
(24) Gracious words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones.
(29) Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.
Madali ba o mahirap i-control ang iyong dila?
Maaari ka bang magbahagi ng kwento kung paano mo natutunan ang kahalagahan ng pag-control ng dila?
Paano mo maisasabuhay ang mga natutunan mo sa araling ito?
Ano ang maaari mong gawin ngayong linggo upang makapagbigay biyaya ka sa isang tao sa pamamagitan ng iyong mga salita?
Lord, tulungan mo akong i-control ang aking dila. Nais kong maging isang taong nagbibigay biyaya sa mga tao sa pamamagitan ng mga mabubuting salita.
“A gentle answer deflects anger, but harsh words make tempers flare.”