Having an attitude of perseverance is important in life if we want to finish well. Regardless of the
circumstances we find ourselves in, we should always make it a priority to have a winning attitude.
Being focused on the finish line can help us have an attitude of success and finish well.
A Winning Attitude
(62) Jesus replied, “No one who puts a hand to the plow and looks back is fit for service in the kingdom of God.”
Who is fit for service in the kingdom of God?
2 Corinthians 8:11 (NIV)
(11) Now finish the work, so that your eager willingness to do it may be matched by your completion of it, according to your means.
Philippians 3:14 (NIV)
(14) I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
What does a successful attitude look like?
3 Keys to Finishing Well
A: Stay full of vision
(18) Where there is no revelation, people cast off restraint; but blessed is the one who heeds wisdom’s instruction.
What happens when you do not have a vision?
How is that different to living a life full of vision?
B: Eat right and rest well
Matthew 4:4 (NIV)
(4) Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.’ ”
Psalm 23:2 (NIV)
(2) He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters,
What do we need to do every day?
How can we make this part of our daily routine?
C: Eliminate Plan B
(17) Tell Archippus: “See to it that you complete the ministry you have received in the Lord.”
What task should we focus on finishing?
Working Together to See the Completion of God’s Vision
(18) Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.
(19) Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
(20) and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
What is God’s vision?
Know and Use Your Gifts
What gifts should we excel in?
What are your gifts?
How can you use your gifts?
Ask a Friend
How can you be full of vision?
How can you commit to finishing well?
Are you a part of a team at your local church?
How can you use your gifts to build the team?
Help me to have a great attitude and to finish well. Help me to keep Your vision in mind so I can give my best in every situation.
However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me – the task of testifying to the gospel of God’s grace.