Joy comes from knowing God, His love for us, and His salvation. It is not a shallow feeling that comes and goes depending on our circumstances. God wants us to have complete joy all the time. We can do this as we take hold of God’s truth and choose to rejoice in Him.
What Is Joy?
1 Thessalonians 5:16 says, “Be joyful always”.
How is joy different to happiness?
In what way is joy more than a feeling?
In what ways do you think joy keeps us strong?
Is it possible to be joyful in difficult times? How?
Why should we be joyful in difficult times?
According to these verses, how can we increase our joy?
Ask a Friend
- How has joy helped you through a difficult time?
- Do you have any other questions about joy?
- How can a better understanding of joy help you in your life?
- What’s holding you back from having joy everyday?
- What can you do this week to practice being joyful and increase the joy in your life?
Lord Jesus, I thank You that You want me to have joy, and I thank You that, through you, I can have it in every situation. I thank You for saving me and that You are always with me.