Psalm 51:10 (KJV) says “Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.” As followers of Jesus we are called to live with a clean heart — towards God and other people. Having a clean heart will keep us in God’s will and lead towards healthy relationships.
Clean Heart Check
How can we identify the things that are wrong in our own hearts?
Why is it wrong to hold onto bitterness in our hearts?
How Can We Keep a Clean Heart?
- When the Bible was written, people went to bed as the Sun went down.
- When is a good time to forgive others in our day?
- What lets the devil get a foothold into our lives?
- How can we avoid giving the devil any control in our hearts?
- What do we need to “guard” our heart against?
- Have there been times where you let unforgiveness, bitterness or anger into your heart?
Ask a Friend
- How often do you ask God to search your heart?
- How does God show you whats in your heart?
- How has this helped you?
- How often should you check your heart?
- Create a moment each evening to pray, forgive others and ask God to forgive you.
Lord Jesus, I thank you for forgiving me and giving me a way to have a free and clean heart. Help me to forgive each day as you forgive me.
“In your anger do not sin”: Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry, and do not give the devil a foothold.