With Life and Power
Sharing God’s word without ministering the power of God is like giving your guests a cake and not letting them eat it. We need to share God’s word in a bold and powerful way that changes people’s lives. Their lives will be touched and lifted, as they taste the word of God and experience the power of prayer.
The Importance of God’s Word
From the following scriptures list what role God’s word has in people’s lives.
The following examples show how Paul ministered the word to people.
– God’s word should bring encouragement and lift.
– Be led by the Holy Spirit.
Why did Paul value simplicity?
– Don’t be afraid to call sin “sin.”
What did Paul call sin?
– Don’t feel you need to deal with every detail. Focus on the main issue.
What was the main issue in this example?
– Don’t sympathize with negative attitudes, self-pity, or wrong thinking.
From the following scriptures list what role prayer has in people’s lives?
Ask a Friend
- Can you share a story of ministering God’s word to someone?
- How do you know what to share from God’s word and pray in any situation?
- How can you prepare to minister God’s word and prayer?
- What opportunities can you take this week?
Lord, help me to be a good minister of your word and prayer. Thank you for Paul’s example of love, faithfulness and power in the Holy Spirit. I desire your word and prayer to be at work in me as you intend it to be.