A Seeker Is Found!
Zacchaeus was a man who climbed a tree so that he could see Jesus. But Jesus was also looking for Zacchaeus – and that day his life was changed!
Luke 19:1-10 (NIV)
(1) Jesus entered Jericho and was passing through.
(2) A man was there by the name of Zacchaeus; he was a chief tax collector and was wealthy.
(3) He wanted to see who Jesus was, but because he was short he could not see over the crowd.
(4) So he ran ahead and climbed a sycamore-fig tree to see him, since Jesus was coming that way.
(5) When Jesus reached the spot, he looked up and said to him, “Zacchaeus, come down immediately. I must stay at your house today.”
(6) So he came down at once and welcomed him gladly.
(7) All the people saw this and began to mutter, “He has gone to be the guest of a sinner.”
(8) But Zacchaeus stood up and said to the Lord, “Look, Lord! Here and now I give half of my possessions to the poor, and if I have cheated anybody out of anything, I will pay back four times the amount.”
(9) Jesus said to him, “Today salvation has come to this house, because this man, too, is a son of Abraham.
(10) For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost.”
What kind of person do you think Zacchaeus was?
Why do you think Zacchaeus was interested in Jesus?
Found by Jesus
How do you think Zacchaeus felt when Jesus spoke to Him?
In what way was Zacchaeus “lost”?
Saved by Jesus
How and why did Zacchaeus change when he met Jesus?
Why do you think Jesus said that Zacchaeus was now saved?
Ask a Friend
How did you meet Jesus?
How did meeting Jesus change your life?
In what ways can we be “lost” in our lives?
Would you like to meet Jesus?
Lord Jesus, I thank You that You know me and love me. Please help me to know and understand more about You. Please reveal yourself to me.
“For the Son of Man came to seek and to save what was lost.”